Subject: 13NOV12 solar flare events
From: dmessina <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:00:33 -0500

Max '01  -  EVENT LISTING for NOV 13, 2012

    Time (UT)    X-Ray Opt Loca- NOAA      Peak Radio      Associated           
Begin  Max  End  Class Imp tion  Region       Flux         Reports              
                                         2.7    8.8   15.4                      
********************************************************************************
 0017 0022  0025  C4.3           1613                      VI/2             
 0112 0118  0126  C3.5           1613                      VII/2            
 0158 0204  0206  M6.0           1613                      III/2            
 0431 0434  0440  C1.0           1613                                       
 0542 0550  0554  M2.5           1613                      III/2            
 0651 0656  0702  C3.4           1613                      III/2            
 0802 0806  0810  C2.2           1614                                       
 1005 1012  1015  C3.1           1613                      III/2            
 1053 1057  1100  B9.5                                                      
 1734 1743  1748  C1.8 SF S24E36 1613                      VI/1             
 1954 2000  2004  C1.1                                     III/2            
 2050 2054  2057  M2.8 SN S22E33 1613                      III/2            
********************************************************************************

:Product: 1113RSGA.txt
:Issued: 2012 Nov 13 2200 UTC
# Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
# Space Weather Prediction Center and the U.S. Air Force.
#
Joint USAF/NOAA Solar Geophysical Activity Report and Forecast
SDF Number 318 Issued at 2200Z on 13 Nov 2012

IA.  Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 12/2100Z to
13/2100Z: Solar activity has been at high levels for the past 24 hours.
Region 1613 (S23E31) has developed a Delta magnetic configuration and
produced multiple M-class flares with associated CMEs. The largest solar
event of the period was a M6 event observed at 13/0204Z from Region
1613. Regions 1610 (S24W23) and 1611 (N12W00) have Beta Gamma magnetic
configurations. There are currently 6 numbered sunspot regions on the
disk. No CMEs observed during the period are expected to be
geoeffective.
IB.  Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be at
moderate levels on days one, two, and three (14 Nov, 15 Nov, 16 Nov).

IIA.  Geophysical Activity Summary 12/2100Z to 13/2100Z: The geomagnetic
field has been at quiet to active levels for the past 24 hours. Solar
wind speed, as measured by the ACE spacecraft, reached a peak speed of
504 km/s at 13/0111Z. Total IMF reached 22.8 nT at 13/0053Z. The maximum
southward component of Bz reached -19.5 nT at 12/2338Z. ACE data
indicated a shock arrival at 12/2216Z. A sudden impulse was observed at
12/2316Z (16 nT, as measured by the Boulder USGS magnetometer).
IIB.  Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected
to begin at active levels early on day 1 (14 Nov) as CME effects
subside. Quiet to unsettled levels are expected on days 1 and 2 (14, 15
Nov) due to effects from a negative polarity coronal hole high speed
stream. On day 3 (16 Nov), conditions are expected to return to mostly
quiet levels. Protons have a slight chance of reaching alert threshold
on days one, two, and three (14 Nov, 15 Nov, 16 Nov).

III.  Event probabilities 14 Nov-16 Nov
Class M    65/65/65
Class X    15/15/15
Proton     10/10/10
PCAF       green

IV.  Penticton 10.7 cm Flux
Observed           13 Nov 146
Predicted   14 Nov-16 Nov 150/150/160
90 Day Mean        13 Nov 118

V.  Geomagnetic A Indices
Observed Afr/Ap 12 Nov  004/004
Estimated Afr/Ap 13 Nov  014/016
Predicted Afr/Ap 14 Nov-16 Nov  008/010-007/008-006/005

VI.  Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 14 Nov-16 Nov
A.  Middle Latitudes
Active                20/20/05
Minor Storm           05/05/01
Major-severe storm    01/01/01
B.  High Latitudes
Active                20/20/15
Minor Storm           30/30/10
Major-severe storm    25/25/05