[Loops] EIS AR Loops - Tripathi et al, 2009, ApJ/ some historical comments etc.

H.E.Mason at damtp.cam.ac.uk H.E.Mason at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 07:04:22 MST 2009

Dear Serge,

thank you for your long and detailed discussion on the
corornal forbidden lines. I read it to the end and found it
very interesting. We still have a lot to learn from ground
based observations. I need to reflect on what you have
written. With the Hinode/EIS observations we do not have
any problems of signal to noise for the spectral lines
at different temperatures, and we are also observing
features at the same spatial location. The point you make
about waves is a very interesting one, with I believe some
fascinating new results emerging from coronal observations.
Thank you also for the references, we shall follow them up.
Also for the beautiful image you have attached.

Best wishes to you also for 2009.

Helen