[Loops] loops and thermal nonequilibrium

Ignacio Ugarte Urra iugarte at ssd5.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Dec 23 14:14:38 MST 2009

Hi all,

I would just want to add to Leon's comment on cool downflows, that
EIS/Hinode in its wide slit mode can make movies in a couple of
transition region lines (Mg VI 269.0, Si VII 275.3) and we have in fact
observed and recently reported
(http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2009ApJ...695..642U) downflows of 100km/s
at those temperatures.

A short movie not included in the paper:
http://tcrb.nrl.navy.mil/~iuu/out/offlimb/20071219_eis_slot_offlimb.mpeg

Cheers,
Ignacio

--