[Loops] EM loci

Klimchuk, James A. (GSFC-6710) james.a.klimchuk at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 28 06:39:07 MDT 2010

Thanks, Giulio.  You make many excellent points.  I have two quick comments.   First, the DEM distributions for dynamic and static loops can be vastly different (theoretically).  Second, I agree completely that we need to pay more attention to the diffuse emission, which is much stronger than the emission contained in discrete loop features.  I hope people realize that the Loops Workshops are not restricted to discrete loops.  Every closed magnetic flux tube can be thought of as a loop, even those that make up the diffuse corona.

Thanks again,
Jim