[Loops] AGU Session on Coronal Heating

VIALL-KEPKO, NICHOLEEN M. (GSFC-6710) nicholeen.m.viall at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 30 12:56:00 MDT 2012

Dear Coronal Loop Enthusiasts,

 We are organizing a session at this Fall's AGU: 'Recent Advances in Solar Coronal Heating' and particularly welcome and encourage participation from the loops community. Please consider submitting an abstract to our session!

Details for the meeting can be found at http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/. The abstract deadline is approaching fast! They are due 08 August at 23:59 EDT.

Session Description: Solving the solar coronal heating problem is of critical importance for space weather and understanding the Sun-Earth environment. This session emphasizes understanding the underlying physical process that heats the corona through the integration of macro and micro modeling, constrained by observations. Advances in theory and modeling as well as a host of new observational data provide an excellent opportunity for bridging the gap and providing feedback between these different methods. We solicit a broad variety of approaches including global models of the solar corona, kinetic models and theories of the energy dissipation and local heating mechanisms, as well as observations to test and compare with models.

Best Regards,
SH012 Conveners:
N. M. Viall, Nicholeen.M.Viall at nasa.gov
Z. Mikic, mikicz at predsci.com