[Loops] type II spicule paper

Hugh S. Hudson hhudson at ssl.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 31 08:55:58 MDT 2012

Actually, my use of "Scudder" was shorthand for "plasma kinetic
effects." I don't regard these as unrelated to "heating" in general; I
doubt that a paper can draw general conclusions in this area without a
discussion of that physics.

I note that your definition of evaporation is inconsistent with our
normal usage for flares, where non-thermal particles can do the dirty
work. But perhaps I will read on past this point!

Cheers

Hugh