[Loops] Innovation Session at AGU - Re: AGU Session on Coronal Heating

Ed DeLuca edeluca at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 31 11:35:22 MDT 2012

Hi,

  Nicky's session is very relevant to the current science being done by
the loops community.

  If you have thoughts on the hardware, modeling or infrastructure
innovations needed to move from 1-d coronal studies to 3-D
photosphere-solar wind analysis (as an example). Integration of new
observations (maybe high resolution mirco-calorimeters) with new
laboratory results (plasma and atomic physics) might be another example.
Please consider sharing those thoughts in the session:

SA011: Solar and Space Physics Science and the Need for Innovation Into
the Next Decade
"The solar and space physics community has recently completed its
Decadal Survey to identify the most important scientific questions to be
addressed during the next decade and beyond. Innovations in
instrumentation, flight systems, and information technology will be
required to address these questions. This session focuses on the
present-day science that informs the innovation process toward this
goal. Especially encouraged are contributions that show how their
science results could be enhanced through enabling innovations."

Spann, Clemmons & DeLuca Conveners

Best wishes,
Ed