[Loops] Atomic data calculations and benchmarking for SDO/AIA and Hinode/EIS

G.Del-Zanna at damtp.cam.ac.uk G.Del-Zanna at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 11:25:22 MDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

Long ago someone asked me how long it would take to resolve
the atomic data issues for the 1 Angstrom bin around 94 Angstroms.
Well my answer is now over two years !
I made progress in these two years but all the issues are still not
fully resolved. It took a long time to do
(within the APAP-network) the largest calculations
ever done  for the Fe X, XI, XII, XIII,
and spent a lot of time going through some of
Brian Fawcett's original plates to identify the strongest
(unidentified) soft X-ray lines. I wrote a summary paper:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2012arXiv1208.2142D

where you can find important implications for the SDO AIA 94
Angstroms band.

The calculations, however, resulted in important changes also
for the EUV lines observed by e.g. Hinode EIS.
In summary, all previous density measurements from Fe XII need
to be revised. And discrepancies found in the Fe X and Fe XI
temperature-sensitive lines are resolved.

Here are the links to the recently-published papers:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2012A%26A...541A..90D
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2012A%26A...543A.139D
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2012A%26A...543A.144D

Giulio