[Loops] Location of Loops VIII

WINEBARGER, AMY R. (MSFC-ZP13) amy.r.winebarger at nasa.gov
Fri Aug 15 10:08:50 MDT 2014

Dear friends,

I am very happy to announce that the Steering Committee has selected University of Cambridge as the host for Loops VIII to occur in the summer of 2015.  Dr. Helen Mason will serve as SOC chair.  Congratulations to Helen!

I would also like to thank the other scientists who took the time to submit a proposal to host the workshop.  The SC has several excellent proposals to select from and it was a very difficult choice.

Next we are seeking to name the additional members of the SOC.   According to the by-laws:

The Scientific Organizing Committee (SOC) serves for one workshop only and consists of 7 members, including the chair.  The chair of the previous workshop is an ex officio member.  The remaining 5 members are elected by the Steering Committee from a slate of candidates nominated by the SC with informal input from the loops community.  It is highly desirable that the SOC contain a mix of observers and theorists.  SOC members may serve multiple times.  SC members may serve on the SOC contemporaneously.

If you are interested in serving on the SOC or would like to suggest someone else, please email me directly at amy.winebarger at nasa.gov before Wednesday, August 20.  Note if you “reply” to this message, it will go to the entire list.

Best wishes,
Amy

--
Dr. Amy R. Winebarger