[Loops] Loops7 - First Announcement

Helen E. Mason hm11 at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 07:46:40 MST 2014

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the Seventh Coronal Loops Workshop will be
held at the Centre for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK,
from the 21 to 23 July 2015.

Registration and Abstract Submission details and deadlines to follow.

The loops workshops are a series of highly focused workshops dealing
with the observation and modeling of magnetically confined plasma.
The programme and invited speakers are as follows:

Loops7 - Heating of the Magnetically Closed Corona

Session 1 - Coronal Heating: Global Active Region Models and Mechanisms

- heating mechanisms: Mahboubeh Asgari-Targhi
- global AR models (visualizations etc.): Ignaki Ugarte-Urra
- beyond hydro or MHD modeling: Tony Arber

Session 2 - Transition Region-Corona Connection

- observations vs theory; chromosphere: Bart De Pontieu
- classical TR vs low lying cool loops: Pia Zacharis
- role of spicules: Tiago Pereira

Session 3 - Fine Scale Structure and Non-equilibrium Processes

- fine-scale structure of loops: Patrick Antolin
- current sheets and turbulence: Bruno Coppi
- diagnostics – developments and limitations: Peter Young
- advances in treating non-equilibrium processes: Jaro Dudik

Session 4 – Wrap up session
‘What doesn’t match up between theory and observations?’ TBD

The review talks will introduce these topics, highlighting recent progress
and unresolved questions. Both observational and theoretical aspects will
be covered during each session by contributed talks.

The workshop's main goal is to encourage discussion among the
participants. For this reason the number of talks will be limited,
while the poster sessions will be long enough to allow
time to view and discuss the others participants' work.
We strongly encourage young researchers to participate.

PLEASE NOTE: Only abstracts directly relevant to the main focus
of the workshop will be accepted.

For further information please check our web site at:
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/astro/cl7/index.html

Scientific Organizing Committee:
     Helen Mason (chair), UK
     Caroline Alexander, USA
     Inigo Arregui, Spain
     Stephen Bradshaw, USA
     David Brooks, USA/Japan
     Leon Golub, USA
     Viggo Hansteen, Norway
     Susanna Parenti, Belgium

Local Organizing Commitee:
     Giulio Del Zanna (Chair)
     Helen Mason
     Andrew Hillier
     Vanessa Polito
     Stephen Bradshaw
     Jaroslav Dudik
     Durgesh Tripathi
     Virginia Mullins (Administrative Assistant)

Best wishes,
helen