[Loops] Coronal Heating Topology

Franco Rappazzo franco.rappazzo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 02:06:40 MDT 2017

Dear all,

our new paper accepted on ApJ analyzes the relationship between magnetic
field lines and current sheets in our nanoflare-heated model corona.
It could be of particular interest to 1D/nanoflare modelers and moss
aficionados.

Cheers,
Franco Rappazzo

Coronal Heating Topology: the Interplay of Current Sheets and Magnetic
Field Lines
https://arxiv.org/abs/1706.08983
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2017ApJ...844...87R

Abstract:
The magnetic topology and field line random walk (FLRW) properties of a
nanoflare-heated and magnetically confined corona are investigated in
the reduced magnetohydrodynamic regime. Field lines originating from
current sheets form coherent structures, called current sheet connected
(CSC) regions, which extend around them. CSC FLRW is strongly
anisotropic, with preferential diffusion along the current sheets’
in-plane length. CSC FLRW properties remain similar to those of the
entire ensemble but exhibit enhanced mean square displacements and
separations due to the stronger magnetic field intensities in CSC
regions. The implications for particle acceleration and heat transport
in the solar corona and wind, and for solar moss formation are discussed.