[Loops] New paper: The Magnetic Properties of Heating Events on High-temperature Active-region Loops

Ignacio Ugarte-Urra ignacio.ugarte-urra at nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jun 17 09:42:26 MDT 2019

Good morning,
Back from the Loops IX workshop in St. Andrews (which was great at all levels by the way), I just wanted to point you to our paper that just appeared in ApJ. It's what I discussed in my poster/e-poster this week.

"The Magnetic Properties of Heating Events on High-temperature Active-region Loops"
https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019ApJ...877..129U/abstract <https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019ApJ...877..129U/abstract>
https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.11976 <https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.11976>

The observational result should be interesting for those of you who are looking for constraints/tests to your coronal models. It provides a scaling of the loop intensities with the loop’s average field strength and length.

Best regards,
Iñaki