[Loops] loops, chromosphere / corona interface

Philip Judge judge at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 18 18:47:19 MDT 2021

perhaps this group might be interested in yet another attempt to understand
the magnetic structure of bright transition region plasma? if so then read
on if you like.

I remain puzzled by the various opinions of what is going on, which is in
principle a good scientific position to be in.  It might be useful to see
some renewed debate on what might be an important issue, or may be just
another solar curiosity.  It's 6+ decades since Tousey and others acquired
uv spectra of the sun.  if nothing else the paper below summarizes my own
current understanding.  I can only guarantee that my understanding is
certainly flawed, nature is the final arbiter as always

best wishes,
Phil.

Your submission submit/3701776 has been assigned the permanent arXiv
identifier 2104.07753 and is available at:

http://arxiv.org/abs/2104.07753--

Philip Judge       303-775-9863

Senior Scientist, HAO, NCAR http://people.hao.ucar.edu/judge/homepage/