[Loops] EIS AR Loops - Tripathi et al, 2009, ApJ

Hugh Hudson hhudson at ssl.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 6 07:37:22 MST 2009

Ah yes. I'd already copied this from somewhere! It looks like a nice
piece of work, but I noticed a misunderstanding of the history of the
"fuzzy hot corona". This could already be seen in the visible
forbidden lines - yellow being fuzzier than red or green. See the
Billings book, which came long before Skylab.

Hugh

On Jan 6, 2009, at 1:48 PM, H.E.Mason at damtp.cam.ac.uk wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> below is the link to a paper which has just been accepted
> by ApJ. It may be of interest to the Loops mailing list.
>

> http://damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/astro/durgesh/Publications/Journal/
> ar_loop_apj.pdf
>
> Best wishes for 2009,
>
> Helen