[Loops] loops and thermal nonequilibrium

Harry Warren harry.warren at nrl.navy.mil
Sun Dec 6 16:19:04 MST 2009

Leon,

As I recall, your paper with Amy relied on footpoint heating, which does
lead to higher apex densities and flatter temperature ratios. The observed
densities near 1 MK are so high, however, that the loops become
thermodynamically unstable. Also, the high speed EIS flows are typically
seen in faint regions and are not associated with the types of loops that
Jim is attempting to model.

Harry