[Loops] Loops Workshop SOC

giusy.nigro at fis.unical.it giusy.nigro at fis.unical.it
Fri Jul 9 12:21:39 MDT 2010

Dear Jim, dear all,

I would like to be on the SOC.

Giusy Nigro
Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' della Calabria
Italy

----- Original Message -----
From: Klimchuk, James A. (GSFC-6710) [mailto:james.a.klimchuk at nasa.gov]
To: Loops at solar.physics.montana.edu
Sent: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:27:05 -0500
Subject: [Loops] Loops Workshop SOC

Dear friends,

     Coronal Loops 5 will take place next year in Mallorca, Spain, and it is now time to form the Scientific Organizing Committee (SOC).  We have decided to make the selection of the SOC a more formal process than it has been in the past.  To that end, we have established bylaws for the Coronal Loops Workshop Series (attached).   The first step was to elect a Steering Committee from among the 20 founding members---those who attended at least 3 of the first 4 workshops.  This has just been completed.  The next step is for the Steering Committee to elect 5 of 7 members of the SOC.  The new SOC chair, Inaki Ugarte Urra, and past chair, Joan Schmelz, are automatically members.  The purpose of this e-mail is to ask the broader loops community for nominees to serve on the SOC.  A slate of candidates will then be presented to the Steering Committee for a vote.  If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, with their permission, please send me an e-mail at James.A.Klimchuk at nasa.gov<mailto:James.A.Klimchuk at nasa.gov> by the end of the day next Monday, July 12.   Sorry for the short fuse, but there are reasons for acting quickly.

Thanks,
Jim

P.S.  In Mallorca, we will discuss the bylaws and whether they should be modified.

James A. Klimchuk
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Solar Physics Lab, Code 671
Bldg. 21, Rm. 158
Greenbelt, MD  20771
USA

Phone:  1-301-286-9060
Fax:      1-301-286-7194
E-mail:  James.A.Klimchuk at nasa.gov<mailto:James.A.Klimchuk at nasa.gov>
Home page:  http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/671/staff/bios/cs/James_Klimchuk_ssi.html

No endorsement by NASA is implied for any correspondence related to my role as an officer of professional organizations (American Geophysical Union, American Astronomical Society, International Astronomical Union).