[Loops] A&A paper on Slow Pulsasions in Coronal Loops

Frédéric Auchère frederic.auchere at ias.u-psud.fr
Mon Mar 3 06:54:45 MST 2014

Dear all,

I'd like to draw your attention to a paper recently published in A&A
that may be of interest to you.

http://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/abs/2014/03/aa22572-13/aa22572-13.html
http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.3792

It describes slow (periods of several hours) pulsations discovered in
coronal loops. We present a few typical events plus a statistical
analysis of the main properties of the hundreds of events detected
during solar cycle 23. They went mostly unnoticed up to now (probably
because their detection requires the systematic analysis of a large
quantity of data), but they seem to be common in coronal loops. The
cause for these pulsations is still unclear, but they are likely related
to the way the loops are heated.

We'd be happy to discuss any suggestion you may have regarding the
physical nature of these new phenomena.

Share & enjoy,

Frédéric Auchère