[Loops] EIS DEM for September 24-29 2010

Bradshaw, Stephen James. (GSFC)[GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY] stephen.bradshaw at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 8 13:46:16 MST 2010

Further to Jim's email (below) and his comment concerning the importance of non-equilibrium ionisation states during the early stages of nanoflare-type heating; anyone wishing to examine its likely importance (or otherwise) to their own investigations are welcome to use a code I have recently developed for exactly this purpose. Full details are provided in:

Bradshaw, S.J., 2009, A&A (Suppl. Ser.), 502, 409 (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2009A%26A...502..409B).

Briefly: the user supplies tabulated electron temperature and density values as a function of time (could be from analytical / numerical models or observations) and the solver will return the evolution of the ionisation state for the element(s) of choice. It will run in just a few seconds on a standard desktop PC and the output can then be used to calculate quantities such as emission line intensities.

Just drop me an email if you would like a copy of the code.

Best wishes,

Steve

Dr Stephen J. Bradshaw

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center,